I have light hair and cool colourings, which makes me a summer colour type. It’s not always as simple as this to work out, especially if you your hair is not super dark or light or you have red or grey hair. However, in general if you have light hair you are either a summer or a spring and if you have darker hair you are an autumn or winter.
Then, if your colourings/skin tone is cool you are either a summer or winter (depending on whether you have light or dark hair), and if your colourings are warm, you are either a spring or an autumn (again depending on your hair).
It makes sense then, that in general cool, light colours are easy for me to wear (along side neutrals). However, I am not going to limit myself to these colours, how bloody boring! If I see something in a colour that really doesn’t suit me, but I love it, it will generally come home with me regardless, case in point these pants!
Here are the things I do to allow me to incorporate warm colours into my wardrobe.
Remember springs and summers will most likely need to lighten things, and autumns and winters darken; summers and winters will need to create outfits that have an overall cool appearance and conversely springs and autumns look great in outfits that give off warmth.
Top 5 tips!
1. I don’t wear the item/s right up against my face, if the item is a top, I separate it from my face with a scarf or necklace.
2. I lighten and cool with metallics.
3. I wear lots of light neutrals with it.
4. I wear colours that suit my colourings that also compliment the offending item.
5. I say to hell with all the rules and wear whatever I want!